Welcome to RT-Themes Support Forum

If you've purchased an RT-Theme from Themeforest, you can use the forum for your support needs. You will receive much faster support because we can easily see who needs assistance, and also you’ll be able to use search to see if your problem has been solved in the past and find a fix for it without having to wait.
Custom CSS Code will not function
  • Hi,

I recently purchased your rt-theme 17 for wordpress. Firstly as a testing site I have installed this as a local host and it seems to work perfectly, however in the online version I cannot seem to get the "Custom Css Codes" under the "Styling Options" to function correctly.

I am trying to insert a static header image and on the local host site it works perfect, the code I am inserting is below:

#headerBackground{
    width: 100%;
    height: 277;
    }

#headerContent {
    background-image: url(http://dontlootthelottery.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/header-grey.jpg);
    margin-bottom:-118px;
    background-position: 50% 50%;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    height: 100%;
    }

How come this will work on the local host but not on the version installed in on the web? and before you ask, yes the image itself is being pulled from the online version! PLEASE REPLY ASAP!
  • Also i have updated to the latest version of both wordpress and rt-theme 17 and gone through every single setting from both the local and web version side by side and nothing seems to get it to work!
  • Hello as a paying customer can I please get a reply to this problem?
  • Hi

You are recoding the theme with custom coding. Once that does not work you want us to fix the issue. However we supply default theme support not support on modified coding into the header.php.

Any support we give to that will lead to more questions and maybe more questions and problems on the responsive css coding etc etc.

We cant supply that code as it is not our coding nor is it included in the support we supply here on the forum for free.

You have recoded the theme as it came out of the box. Now it is not centered anymore in my browsers in a 24'screen.

i have no solution for you other then you might hire somebody who can help you on the customization, css/php and html coding.

I am really sorry about this but i cant support that.

Best regards,
    Neo

• A response like that has convinced me to never purchase another theme from rt-themes again. I have figured it out, by customising my header.php and style.css, however I did not want to go down that road as there is a built in function with your theme for custom coding, and as this function is within your theme it should more than be covered within your support.

Your reply was ignorant, patronising and rude. It suggested that I was an amateur user who needed to hire someone to fix the issue. I am very familiar with css and html coding and this is my fourth website. How long would it have taken to offer a two line suggestion that would maybe fix the issue?

Disgraceful Service!
  • Hi

i am sorry you feel this way as it was not intended to be rude to you. If that happened (which could be as i am not native speaking english) i apologize.

However I did not have a solution for your problem for which i also apologized in my reply.

I will refrase next time and take a better look at my wording.

have a great day,

Best regards,
    Neo